Tuesday, March 16, 2010

celebrate

A lot to celebrate. Karen and I will have been married 28 years in another week. Our daughter Julia received notice that she has been accepted into the graduate program at Tufts University in Boston, which is only an hour away from us! We have the most adorable granddaughter in the universe, and in all the universe she has chosen to live minutes from our home by the river. It would have been such a hassle if she lived on Jupiter-the weather there is awful and I don't travel well. I have the most wonderful son-in-law with the most amazing head. An aerial view reveals that a tiny vegetable garden grows on the top of his head. Seriously, he rushed over at dawn to calm my nerves during the recent Great Flood. Our daughter Laurel is everything a father would want in a daughter. A parent's wish is that their kids surpass them. I did my part by setting the bar real low, but tonight I am proud.

1 comment: