Monday, March 1, 2010

Groundhog Day-Ronnie style

My friend Carolyn reminded me that I repeated this story about heaven.
I actually thought I had written this up and checked back, but I guess I did not check back far enough. During the last year of my Mother's life she had little or no short term memory. I would watch "The Glen Miller Story" with Jimmy Stewart and she would dance in her chair and sing the songs to me and she was eighteen again. I would visit her the next night and she would be so excited. "Ronnie! The "Glen Miller Story" is on tonight. Do you want to watch it tonight with me?"
"Sure mom. Be great to see it again." The AMC channel showed this movie every night for a week and she watched it every night. Each day a part of us is walking out the door. The trick is don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

No comments:

Post a Comment