Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Another mystery

I'm almost finished writing the sequel to "Lilly&Peggy"--a slight book for children published in England . The sequel, which was intended to be a slight follow up book, has reached 160 pages and counting. None of this is my fault. If the characters had been honest, they should have told me it would turn into "War and Peace" and it would take a lot of hard work involving deep thinking and research. My innate sense of laziness would have wisely counseled me against such a project. All in all--very annoying. Also annoying is what they say. I will give an example from one character:
"When a heart is broken the pieces are not smooth and soft to the touch. The pieces do not float harmlessly on a meandering river to the sacred resting place of broken hearts where they are interred with solemn dignity. When a heart is broken jagged pieces fall on the innocent hopes and dreams of others. The bloody remains are tossed, kicking and screaming, into a vacant lot where no flower has ever bloomed and the air is unbreathable."
Another character has this to say about the material world: "There are only two choices. In the end, you will give away everything or everything will be taken from you."
Mind you, these are fictional characters with intelligent thoughts and they don't even exist! I exist. I have a mind, but I certainly don't converse in such a deep philosophic manner. So what does this say about me? If I ever meet these characters face-to-face, I'm going to give them a piece of my mind! Oh wait! I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment